Searching for a personal injury lawyer you can count on? Consider the following six tips:
- Personal injury law specialization
- Clients consistently receive high settlements
- Active in trial attorney associations
- Reviews and testimonials from actual clients
- Requires no upfront fees
- Active, friendly and responsive online presence
Let’s see how well Geoffrey Schorr meets these criteria:
1. Personal Injury Law Specialization
The Schorr law firm is a nationally recognized trial law firm. They handle cases in the following areas:
- Family Law
- Complex Litigation
Within the personal injury category, they handle the following types of cases:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Wrongful Death
While their entire firm isn’t dedicated to personal injury cases, they have more than enough personal injury experience to pass tip one with flying colors.
2. Clients Consistently Receive High Settlements
The website doesn’t list any specific financial settlements. However, they do discuss the importance of obtaining money for medical bills, lost wages and other damages whenever someone has been in an accident.
Plus, they emphasize how they aggressively pursue cases. They want insurance companies and other responsible parties to feel unsteady at all times. This is how they’re able to settle cases for large amounts.
So while they don’t mention specific numbers, their entire legal philosophy seems based on pursuing high settlements. We consider that a solid pass for tip two.
3. Active in Trial Attorney Associations
Geoffrey is an accomplished attorney with a B.A. from Dallas Baptist University and a J.D. from Texas A&M University School of Law.
As far as memberships in professional associations, Geoffrey is incredibly active. Here’s his list of past and current memberships and associations:
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The Global Directory of Who’s Who Top Lawyer
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (life member)
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Texas Trial Lawyer’s Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyer’s Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Rockwall County Bar Association
- Smith County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice law in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Admitted to practice law in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law in the Supreme Court of the United States of America
He not just meets the requirements for tip number three, he exceeds them by leaps and bounds. He’s obviously a very well-respected, well-connected attorney who cares deeply about his profession.
4. Reviews and Testimonials from Actual Clients
Geoffrey’s website has a Testimonials page with about a dozen review. Each review is long and detailed. Past clients seem to think highly of each member of the firm. Clients repeatedly mentioned the personalized service they received.
Clients only left their first names. Still, these reviews do feel very genuine. Each client has clearly spent a lot of time in the office getting to know each person in the firm.
Of course, the firm will likely only post the good reviews on their own website. So we scoured the internet for other reviews to see what else was out there. The only other reviews we could find were on their Facebook page, which had seven reviews for an average score of 4.4 out of 5.
If bad reviews of the Schorr law firm exist, we couldn’t find them. Although he doesn’t have a lot of reviews, all of the ones available were very positive, so we say he passed tip number four.
5. Requires No Upfront Fees
Throughout Geoffrey’s website, he never explicitly says he works on contingency with no money down required from clients. This might because the firm practices many different areas of law. For instance, work related to probates and estates will typically have an up-front fee.
Most personal injury attorneys work on contingency, so it’s reasonable to assume that’s the case here. We give the Schorr firm an optimistic thumb’s up on this tip, but you’ll want to discuss payment options in person.
6. Active, Friendly and Responsive Online Presence
The Schorr Law Firm doesn’t have a huge online presence. He doesn’t seem to have a Twitter account. While he does a Facebook page, it’s only updated a few times each month. However, the posts do seem to indicate that Geoffrey is very active throughout the community of Garland.
Overall, Geoffrey’s website creates the impression of an accomplished, friendly attorney who goes the extra mile to create a personal connection with each client. If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Garland, he’s worth reaching out to.