Victims of truck accidents and other personal injury accidents in the Dallas-Forth Worth area may want to hire an attorney to represent them. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you receive the compensation you deserve because of your pain and suffering.
Your search for a DFW personal injury attorney should come down to these six main factors.
- Their Expertise in the Area of Personal Injury Law
- The Results of Previous Personal Injury Cases They’ve Handled
- Their Participation in the Legal Community
- Feedback from Previous Clients, Including Reviews and Testimonials
- Whether They Work On a Contingency Fee
- The Degree to Which They’re Active and Helpful Online
Let’s now review Stephen Maxwell, an attorney based in the Bedford area. Maxwell previously served for the City of Fort Worth from 1976-1977 as an Assistant City Attorney before moving to private practice. He is currently a partner at Bailey & Galyen Law Firm.
1. Their Expertise in the Area of Personal Injury Law
According to his bio on Bailey & Galyen’s webpage, Maxwell specializes in civil litigation with a focus on personal injury litigation. Maxwell has been board-certified in personal injury trial law for over 30 years.
Maxwell has participated in over one hundred jury trials, including
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer and Deceptive Trade Practice Act Cases
- Medical Malpractice Cases
He has also mediated more than five hundred cases over the past twenty years.
2. The Results of Previous Personal Injury Cases They’ve Handled
Unfortunately, specific information regarding cases Stephen Maxwell has settled is difficult to find online. Bailey & Galyen has a section of their website dedicated to Verdicts & Settlements, but it’s unclear which of these cases Maxwell himself worked on. A few personal injury cases settled by Maxwell’s firm can be seen below.
- The victim of a truck accident was awarded $850,000 after expenses and fees
- Victims that were forced to jump out of a moving vehicle because of brake failure were awarded $810,000 after expenses and fees
- A settlement of $891,000 after expenses and fees for three victims injured in a refinery explosion
Maxwell has been practicing law for over 40 years and is now a partner at an established law firm. He has also received tremendous recognition throughout the legal community. It’s reasonable to assume that Maxwell has been very successful for his clients. But without knowing specifics, a precise determination cannot be made for this portion of the criteria.
3. Their Participation in the Legal Community
Stephen Maxwell received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Trinity University in 1972. He then received his law degree in 1975 from the University of Texas Austin. While obtaining his law degree, he participated in the Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity and International Law Journal Staff.
Maxwell has been very active in the legal community throughout his career. He has served in the following capacities:
- President, Fort Worth Jaycees, 1979-1980
- President, Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, 1989-1990
- President, Tarrant County Bar Association, 1999-2000
- Elected Director, State Bar of Texas, 2001-2004
- Chairman, Tarrant County Democratic Party, 2008-2013
According to his bio page on the Texas Bar website, Maxwell is admitted to the following courts:
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Western District Court
- New Mexico District Court
4. Feedback from Previous Clients, Including Reviews and Testimonials
Maxwell has been bestowed many honors and awards throughout his career, such as:
- “Attorney of Excellence,” Fort Worth Business Press, 2003-2005
- “Fort Worth Texas Top Attorney,” Fort Worth Magazine, 2003-2016
- “Texas Super Lawyer,” Texas Monthly Magazine, 2004-2017
- “Who’s Who,” Fort Worth Business Press, 1990 & 2001
- “Professionalism Award,” Tarrant County Bar Association, 2012
- Outstanding Young Man of America, 1980
The Bailey & Galyen website features a Reviews section. There are past client reviews on here. Although none of the reviews are specific to Stephen Maxwell, the firm has many positive reviews.
5. Whether They Work On a Contingency Fee
The Personal Injury portion of the Bailey & Galyen website states that cases are taken on a contingent basis. The firm does not charge any fees until they recover a settlement in the victim’s favor.
6. The Degree to Which They’re Active and Helpful Online
Maxwell’s bio page features a video of him speaking for 90 seconds about his career. When you access they Bailey & Galyen website, a window for a live chat appears. There is an Articles section on the firm’s website. Only a few articles are posted, and the dates of their posting are unknown.
Maxwell’s firm offers a mobile application that can be downloaded to give you direct access to their attorneys in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
It does not appear that Stephen Maxwell himself is particularly active online. However, he meets many of the other criteria you’re looking for when selecting an attorney. Maxwell has a proven track record and is well-respected in the legal community, making him a top Bedford attorney.