There are six characteristics to consider as you search for a local personal injury attorney. The lawyer should exhibit the following:
- Personal injury specialization
- Ability to get high settlements and verdicts
- Active in groups and associations for trial lawyers
- Credible reviews and testimonials
- Works on a contingency basis
- Engaging, active, and helpful on the internet
Below, we will examine Brian Hargrove and see if he fits the bills.
1. Specialization in Personal Injury
According to Brian Hargrove’s website, his primary focus is personal injury law. His practice areas include but are not limited to:
- Dangerous drugs
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Texting and driving wrecks
- Drunk driving accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Failure to yield accidents
- Running a red light or stop sign
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Rear end collisions
Brian clearly excels when it comes to tip one.
2. Ability to Get High Settlements and Verdicts
Brian’s site has a whole section for Verdicts and Settlements. Some of the highlights include:
- A verdict for more than $372,000 in a texting and driving case, when insurance only wanted to offer $100K
- $122,500 settlement for a car crash that caused a torn MCL
- $200K settlement in a motorcycle/fail to yield accident
You can read the details of each of these personal injury cases on his site. The bottom line is that Brian knows how to secure high settlements and verdicts.
3. Active in Groups and Associations for Trial Lawyers
A quick visit to the About Us page on Brian’s website will reveal that he is board certified and active in many legal activities.
You will see that he is a member of
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
He earned his law degree from the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in 1999, and he was honored as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association in 2015.
It’s clear that Brian fits the criteria for tips one through three, but what about four?
4. Customer Reviews and Testimonials
In the Reviews section of his website, there are dozens of testimonials that are accompanied by pictures of Brian with the client. This contrasts with the reviews that you usually see on personal injury lawyer sites that are of some faceless person with just a first name. The pictures show that these reviews can be believed.
On Google, there are eight reviews, which are all for five stars, which is impressive when you consider that people generally only go online to leave reviews when they are upset.
5. Works on a Contingency Basis
On the Contact page for the Law Office of Brian Hargrove in Bedford, it clearly states that they use a Contingency Fee Contract that is approved by the Texas State Bar. They go on to say that there are no attorney fees unless you win.
Therefore, we can give Brian two big thumbs up when it comes to tip number five.
6. Engaging, Helpful, and Active on the Internet
On the website, there is a blog section, but it looks like it has not been active for a few months. Brian also has Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, and YouTube accounts. The Facebook is updated at least every week. And, there is a lot of helpful content on the YouTube page.
Overall, based on his online presence, Brian Hargrove appears to be an excellent personal injury attorney who garners large verdicts and settlements. We recommend considering Brian Hargrove if you need help with a personal injury case near Bedford.