If you are looking for a local personal injury attorney, you may find yourself worrying about how to pick the right one, especially in an area as big as Dallas/Fort Worth, because there are many attorneys in the area. There are six criteria you should research. A top-notch attorney should exhibit these characteristics:
- Personal injury specialization
- Ability to get high settlements and verdicts
- Active in groups and associations for trial lawyers
- Credible reviews and testimonials
- Works on a contingency basis
- Engaging, active, and helpful on the internet
With these characteristics in mind, here is a look at Joe Luce.
1. Specialization in Personal Injury
For the last twenty-five years, Joe Luce has worked as a personal injury attorney, helping resolve many complicated and catastrophic cases. Since his start as an attorney in 1985, Mr. Luce has always strived to provide high quality legal services because of his belief that people have an obligation to improve the quality of life where they can work in their communities, businesses, and in the lives of others.
Some of the different personal injury cases he handles include:
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall
- Assaults and Attack Liability
- Nail Salon Liability
- Animal Bite Law
- Product Liability
- Livestock and Farm Animal Accident Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
Several of the different cases he handles are not commonly pursued by other attorneys, which helps him stand apart as a top attorney.
2. Has Achieved High Settlements
Personal injury attorneys need to have a track record of high settlements and verdicts because insurance companies are well known for trying not to pay out what injured people deserve. An attorney who is successful in recovering what their clients deserve help potential clients feel comfortable they are hiring the right attorney for their cases.
Joe Luce has settled many cases, too many to list, but there are several cases highlighted on his Firm website, including:
- Recovering $1,000,000 for a child who was hit by a speeding motorist.
- Achieving a settlement for parents of an infant who passed away because of a lack of a response after they called 911.
- Recovering a $1,000,000 settlement for a man who needed a hip replacement after experiencing a forklift injury.
- Reaching a settlement for a woman who was severely injured from a staph infection contracted at a nail salon.
- Recovering a settlement for a child who was seriously injured because of an unsecured metal swing while visiting a bed and breakfast.
3. Is an Active Member of Associations and Groups of Trial Lawyers
Joe Luce is a member of a couple of associations and group, including:
- State Bar of Texas since 1985
- S. District Court, Northern and Eastern District of Texas
- Member of the Collin County Bar Association
4. Has Received Reviews and Testimonials That are Credible
Mr. Luce has over 50 testimonials that are shared on his website. Joe Luce stands out to his clients because of his dedication to their cases, timely responses, ability to make each client feel important, his patience during the settlement process, and his excellent staff. There is no shortage of testimonials from people who have been beyond impressed with Mr. Luce and the high-quality service he provides.
On Google, Joe Luce has received three reviews, each with a 5-star rating. The reviews on google express their gratitude for the client-focused service they received.
5. Provides Services on a Contingency Fee Basis
There are two different ways an attorney can charge clients. They either require money up front and out of pocket, or they offer a contingency fee plan. Contingency fees allow a lawyer to collect payment for services rendered after the attorney and client reach a favorable settlement.
Once a client receives a settlement, the lawyer will subtract their fee from the payout. When cases do not receive a settlement, the victim owes nothing to their attorney. By not forcing people to pay something just for hiring an attorney, victims can focus their energy on healing from personal injuries and loss instead of worrying about coming up with the money to hire an attorney.
Joe Luce works on a contingency fee basis. The initial consultation is free, and if a client and attorney agree to work together, there are no hidden fees or charges up front.
6. Active, Helpful, and Engaging on the Internet
Mr. Luce’s website is very informative and easy to navigate. On his site, he has videos and blogs that offer personal injury news articles, and that provide information about the vast array of topics surrounding personal injury cases.
He also has accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+. He is active on Facebook, posting around four times a week. On Google+, he posts about one time a week. His Twitter account hasn’t been updated since 2016, but his LinkedIn profile is current.
Joe Luce is an attorney who solidly meets all of the criteria for an excellent personal injury attorney. If you are looking for an attorney in the McKinney area, Mr. Luce is someone to consider.