Searching for a local personal injury attorney can be overwhelming; however, there are six criteria an excellent personal injury attorney should meet, including:
- Personal injury specialization
- Ability to get high settlements and verdicts
- Active in groups and associations for trial lawyers
- Credible reviews and testimonials
- Works on a contingency basis
- Engaging, active, and helpful on the internet
With these characteristics in mind, here is a look at Kristopher Barber.
1. Personal Injury Law is their Specialty
Kristopher Barber received his law degree from Southern Methodist University and was actively involved in interscholastic advocacy competitions. During the American Bar Association’s National Moot Court, Mr. Barber won the nation’s “Best Oral Advocate” award and was inducted into Southern Methodist University’s Order of Barristers after he graduated.
He began his law career at a large defense firm. During his time there, he learned how to defend cases successfully, and the circumstances needed for defendants to settle lawsuits. Using that knowledge, he switched to be a Plaintiff’s attorney and now handles product liability cases, negligence cases, wrongful death suits, medical malpractice cases, and many other personal injury claims.
Currently, he remains ranked as one of the best personal injury attorneys in Dallas by Super Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell, and AVVO. According to his site, The Barber Law Firm is focused solely on personal injury cases, such as:
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Defective Products
- Wrongful Death
- Workplace Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents.
2. They Achieve High Settlements and Verdicts for Clients
While Kristopher Barber’s site does not list specific monetary amounts awarded, he has received many awards that detail the highly successful attorney he is. Here are some of his recent awards:
- Recognized by Texas Monthly, a Thomas Reuters publication, as a “Rising Star” for the last four years. This distinction is only held by the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state.
- AV Peer Review Rating – the highest rating an attorney can achieve.
- AVVO Clients Choice Award.
- Super Lawyer from 2008-present.
- Legal Leader recognition from Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers.
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the U.S. with less than one percent of United States attorneys becoming members.
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 2007, this forum is an additional membership and certification for qualified members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
His many awards and accolades show that Kristopher Barber is one of the top attorneys in Texas and even the United States.
3. They are Active in Different Associations and Trial Lawyer Groups
According to his profile on Super Lawyers, Kristopher Barber is a member of several different groups, including:
- State Bar of Texas
- American Association for Justice
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court
As is evident by his many awards and memberships, Kristopher Barber is viewed as a top attorney in the state of Texas, by clients and peer attorneys.
4. They have Credible Reviews and Testimonials
Reviews of Kristopher Barber speak of him being professional, honest, timely, and knowledgeable. The testimonial page on his website has a mix of videos and text of different clients who are thankful they retained Mr. Barber and his firm to help them deal with nightmare insurance companies, extensive injuries, and medical representation.
On Google, The Barber Law Firm has 28 reviews and a 4.7-star rating. While there is one negative comment, and one person who gave a one-star and only wrote “blah,” everyone else expresses similar sentiments as the testimonials on his page.
5. They Work on a Contingency Basis
Mr. Barber works on a contingency basis which means clients will not pay anything unless Kristopher Barber is successful in attaining financial recovery.
He offers free legal consultation with no strings attached. After the initial consultation, if both parties decide to work together, there will be no hidden fees.
6. They are Active, Helpful, and Engaging on Social Media
The Barber Law Firm website has a blog that is regularly updated, with about four blogs a month, and offers helpful information about the many different topics surrounding personal injury.
Kristopher Barber is also active on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube. Each of their social media accounts allows people to engage with Mr. Barber and are set up to provide information about personal injuries. Facebook is updated regularly, his LinkedIn account is current, and the videos on YouTube are available to help give potential clients guidance on various personal injury topics.
Between the many awards he has received, the positive reviews of him and his firm, and all of the services he offers, Kristopher Barber is a top-notch attorney serving a Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Frisco, Grapevine, and Irving areas of Texas.