This is an attorney review based on the six tips on how to find a local car accident lawyer.
These tips include:
- specializing in personal injury law
- high settlements and verdicts
- active in trial lawyer groups and associations
- credible reviews and testimonials
- willing to work off a contingency fee
- active, engaging, and helpful online
Let’s get started with John David Hart
1. Specializing in Personal Injury Law
Based on the firm website, John does focus primarily on personal injury law. His Practice Area section lists the following:
- Dangerous Drugs & Devices
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Industrial Accidents
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Serious Car and Motorcycle Accidents
- Product and Premise Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury and Paralysis
- Medical Negligence
This is great for tip one.
2. High Settlements and Verdicts
John’s website doesn’t have a section or mention any settlements or verdicts about his previous personal injury cases. As always, you really want to look for cases that are similar to your case so you can determine what the attorney was able tot recover for his client.
If you contact John, we recommend that you ask about his previous settlements and verdicts.
3. Active in Trial Lawyer Groups and Associations
If you look over the About section of John’s website you will notice he is board certified and active in several legal activities. These include:
- Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification
- Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification
- Civil Pre-Trial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
Honors, Recognition & Memberships
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated.
- American Association for Justice, Member.
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, Diplomate.
- Thomson Reuters’ Texas Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 – John has been recognized for eleven consecutive years as one of the top personal injury attorneys in Texas based on a statewide poll of practicing Texas lawyers. Fewer than five percent of the attorneys in the state are included on the list.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Member.
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member.
Legal Affiliations & Activities
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Dallas County Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association (President, 2002; Director, 1992-1993; 1994-2002)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Director, 1999-2004)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Fort Worth Chapter)
- American Association for Justice
- Speaker and Author, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Seminars
4. Reviews & Testimonials
The website has a carousel on the homepage that goes through several testimonials. It actually goes pretty quick and is hard to read.
Other than that, the firm has a 4.5 rating on Facebook, but no written reviews. There is also no reviews on his Google Business page.
Add this item to your list to discuss with John if you contact his law firm.
5. Work off of a Contingency Fee
On the contact page, you will notice the firm offers a free case evaluation, but we could not find any details on how he handles payment for his personal injury cases.
Another item you will want to discuss with the firm.
6. Active, Engaging, and Helpful Online
The firm is very active on the major social platforms and has an up-to-date News section on their website. All the articles and posts are personal injury related with helpful information. You can spend a lot of time reading and learning about topics related to your case.
The Law Offices of John David Hart covers 3 out of the 6 items that we recommend to look for when picking a local personal injury attorney. If you contact the John David Hart law firm we recommend discussing settlement and verdicts, reviews and testimonials, and the firms fee structure in further detail.