If you or someone you love is involved in a car accident, you may be in search of a DFW Car Accident Lawyer to review your case. Car accident lawyers can get you the compensation you deserve, making up for the damages suffered because of the accident.
You should evaluate potential Dallas-Fort Worth car accident lawyers based on six criteria.
- Does the Attorney Specialize in Personal Injury Law?
- Does the Attorney Secure High Settlements and Payouts?
- Is the Attorney Active in Trial Lawyer Groups and Associations?
- What Kind of Reviews and Testimonials Does the Attorney Have?
- Does the Attorney Work on a Contingency Fee?
- What is the Attorney’s Online Presence?
A potential attorney for your case is Geoffrey Dasher. Dasher heads The Dashner Law Firm, PLLC. He has handled over twelve thousand personal injury cases in his career. Let’s take a look to see how he meets the criteria.
1. Does the Attorney Specialize in Personal Injury Law?
According to the bio page on his website, Dasher’s areas of practice include
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents & Injuries
- Truck Accidents & Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents & Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Premise Liability
On the Areas of Law portion of the firm’s website, it specifies that Dashner typically represents clients have been mistreated, physically injured, or have suffered a personal injustice. The firm also specializes in other areas of law, including
- DWI Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Prescription Drug Error
- Dog Bite/Animal Attacks
- Brain Injuries
It’s clear that Dasher and his firm are very experienced dealing with personal injury law.
2. Does the Attorney Secure High Settlements and Payouts?
Geoffrey Dasher’s firm’s website page has a Verdicts and Settlements section that details some of the large payouts the Dallas-area attorney has secured for his clients. Some of the major cases are highlighted below.
- $950,000 for the victim of a drunk driving car accident that resulted in multiple fractures
- $735,476.46 for the victim of a car accident that involved an uninsured driver
- $450,000 for the victim of a slip and fall accident that resulted in reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- $375,000 for the victim of a motor vehicle collision that resulted in a herniated disc
- $337,500 for the victim in a bicycle wreck
The website also details how the settlement broke down for the client, which isn’t something normally seen on an attorney’s website. For example, the $950,000 settlement broke down as follows:
- $13,5000 for pre-litigation costs
- $316,666 for attorney’s fees
- $44,568.90 for medical bills and liens
- $531,225.13 net payout to the accident victim
3. Is the Attorney Active in Trial Lawyer Groups and Associations?
Geoffrey Dasher received a BBA in Business Management, graduating Cum Laude from Southwestern Adventist College in 1992. He then received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 1995.
Dasher has been a member of the State Bar of Texas since 1996. He is also a member of the
4. What Kind of Reviews and Testimonials Does the Attorney Have?
Dasher’s website features a Client Reviews section. The firm has received 47 five-star reviews and three four-star reviews. Many reviews are provided by clients of the firm, with many clients appreciative of the professionalism shown by The Dashner Law Firm.
Clients took notice of the fact that Dashner’s firm cared about their case, and took time to answer questions throughout the duration of their case.
Dasher’s firm also advertises on the header of their website that they speak Spanish. This could be seen as a huge benefit for some Dallas-Fort Worth victims.
5. Does the Attorney Work on a Contingency Fee?
Geoffrey Dasher works on a contingency basis, which means he won’t collect from victims unless he wins the case. Many blog posts on the website detail the cost of hiring a personal injury lawyer and what happens if you lose your case.
Additionally, as was previously mentioned, the Verdicts and Settlements section of the site breaks down the attorney’s fees for each payout, which is evidence that Dasher works on a contingent basis.
The Dashner Law Firm also offers Free Case Evaluation & Legal Consultation.
6. What is the Attorney’s Online Presence?
The Resource’s section of the firm’s website contains a Legal Blog, which is actively maintained. Blogs are posted approximately once a month. When you visit the firm’s website, a chat messenger appears that allows you to talk to Dashner Law Support directly.
Dasher’s firm is also on Facebook, where they post articles, videos, and commercials. Facebook indicates that when messaged, the firm “typically replies instantly.” You can also communicate with the firm on their Twitter page, which appears to be moderately active.
The firm also has a Google+ page, although it appears this has not been updated in the past year.
Geoffrey Dashner meets all six of the criteria you should be on the lookout for when considering an attorney. He should be a top choice if you’re looking for an attorney in Irving.