If you are searching for the best local personal injury attorney and find yourself overwhelmed by the many choices, narrowing down your search is easier if you know what you are seeking. There are six criteria your personal injury attorney should meet, which are:
- Personal injury specialization
- Ability to get high settlements and verdicts
- Active in groups and associations for trial lawyers
- Credible reviews and testimonials
- Works on a contingency basis
- Engaging, active, and helpful on the internet
With these characteristics in mind, here is a look at Dina Steele.
1. Dina Steele Specializes in Personal Injury Law
Dina Steele began her law career as a defense attorney, representing several major insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm, All-State, and others. After serving as a defense attorney, Ms. Steele started a firm and now represents victims who have suffered personal injury and need representation against the insurance companies.
Her experience as an attorney representing the insurance side for many years, and now the victim side, has given her unique insight into how insurance companies work, and she uses that to help her clients get the settlement they deserve. Her firm is solely focused on personal injury. Here are several of the personal injury cases she practices:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Class Actions
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence
2. Ms. Steele Gets Verdicts and High Settlements
On her Firm website, Dina Steele presents information about several of the significant cases she has represented and settled. Also, on her site, she includes a disclaimer that states that the State Bar of Texas does not allow attorneys to list the amounts of settlements and verdicts the reach in their cases. So, while she is unable to provide the settlement or judgment amount, she does list some of her recent successful cases. Here are details about some of the cases:
- Traumatic Brain Injury Case involving a fall from a ladder at work. A sizeable settlement was reached with the Plaintiff’s employer.
- Wrongful Death – Nursing Home Negligence Case involving a man who suffered and passed away within 14 days of arriving at a nursing home. Dina Steele secured a sizable settlement for the widow and children.
- Wrongful Death – Electrocution Case where the decedent died while working on an air conditioner unit at work. The cause of death was failed upkeep and lack of training. Ms. Steele represented the decedent’s mother and the case settled for a substantial sum.
- Wrongful Death – Auto Accident Case where a 35-pound steel plate crashed through the window of the decedent’s car. The driver carrying the steel plate failed to secure the item, and Dina Steele secured a favorable judgment for her clients.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Medical Malpractice where the plaintiff fell and hit his head on the floor. He was not taken to the hospital, and the delay of treatment caused him to suffer a severe and permanent brain injury. Ms. Steele secured a sizable settlement.
3. Dina Steele is Active in Groups and Associations for Trial Attorneys
Ms. Steele is an active member of several associations, including:
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Denton County Bar Association
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas (1998)
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas (2001)
4. Ms. Steele has Credible Client Testimonials and Reviews
Dina Steele has testimonials on her website, and also on avvo.com. The testimonials on her website speak of her detail oriented and excellent in the courtroom.
On the Avvo website, her five reviews have all given her five-stars and praise her for being professional and having excellent communication. They also shared that she was knowledgeable and worked hard to get the results they felt were fair. Also on the Avvo website, Dina Steele has received ten attorney endorsements by fellow attorneys who shared that Ms. Steele thinks outside the box, is a vigorous advocate in the courtroom, and is wholly devoted to the clients she represents.
5. Dina Steele Works on a Contingency Basis
Dina Steele offers free consultations to people who are looking for an attorney. After the meeting, if Ms. Steele and the client feel like they are a good fit, Dina Steele begins working on the case. A contingency fee means that the attorney accepts no costs up front, and only collects fees from their client if they reach a favorable settlement on the case. If the client doesn’t win a settlement, the attorney doesn’t get paid. At Dina Steele’s law firm, clients won’t pay any money out of pocket for legal fees or other expenses.
6. Ms. Steele is Engaging, Active, and Helpful on the Internet
The Steele Law firm page features a regularly maintained blog, a car accident FAQ page, a personal injury FAQ page, Law Library and free publications.
On top of offering many resources on her website, Dina Steele is active on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. On each social media platform, she posts between 1 and five posts a month.
If you are looking for an attorney who meets the personal industry criteria and is local to the Lewisville area, Dina Steele is someone to consider.